Tuesday 24 July 2012

Book Sneak Peek :: Paris Chapter

Yesterday and today I am working on the Paris chapter of my book. As I'm finding all these beautiful pictures, they are bringing to remembrance many gorgeous parts of my trip that I had actually forgotten! One of the beautiful memories that came back to me yesterday was from my first day in Paris, which I have now included in the book...


Excerpt from "2 Hours on an Aeroplane"

"We wandered from the Metro (subway) towards the Champs Élysées and found ourselves walking through the beautiful Allée Marcel Proust. This is a breathtakingly beautiful, leafy path meandering through Espace Pierre Cardin, running parallel to the Champs Élysées. Clearly drawn by our innate sense of fashion (evident in our stunning attire of Colorado hiking sandles, cargo pants and backpacks), we accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up in Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, in the 8th Arrondissement, one of the most fashionable streets in the world, with almost every major global fashion house on display for us to see."  



{Le Hotel Le Bristol, Rue du Faubourg Saint-HonoréArrondissement, Paris}


What a precious memory I got back! Fully restored to me after all these years! I wonder if I would have remembered that day eventually? Or if it actually required me searching for it. There is such truth in these words: Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. :)
This is Montmartre above. A beautiful area in the 18th Arrondissement. It's well known for the hundreds of artists who grace the cobble-stone streets each week selling their pieces and offering to paint portraits. This image is a typical of the area. Stunning don't you think? 


And this is the gorgeous Champs Élysées.. here thousands of people are filling this mall to welcome in the new year. So pretty isn't it. :)

I hope these images have inspired you. Looking at photographs of Paris has brought back many incredible memories and put a great joy in my heart! Seeking releases joy. So let's be seekers this week, always remembering and giving thanks. Because as we seek, we shall find. :)

Have a wonderful day.

nat x

Images - 1, 2, 34, 5, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...