Sunday 9 November 2014

Trusting in transition.

The definition of trust is "the assured reliance on the character, ability, strength or truth of someone or something" (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Trusting in God is actually pretty easy when life is great, don't you reckon? But when things are messy, uncomfortable, unsettled, uncertain, confusing and completely overwhelming... trusting in God can suddenly become a challenge. I wasn't going to write a blog entry today because I didn't really know what to say. Then I thought that maybe others might be in a similar season of transition or stretching... so I got out my laptop.
I've been back from New York for a week and a half now. (You can read about my NYC journey here and here). After spending two months there (three months travelling in total) I knew it might be a bit difficult coming home, but this past week has been a little bit trickier than I had imagined. After returning from many long trips overseas in the past, I've always settled in quite well and quickly, however this time has been different. 

Have you ever been completely fine one moment, and then the next moment find yourself totally overcome with emotion? Well this has been me all week. So many times I've thought to myself, "What the HECK is wrong with you Nat? People are dealing with much worse situations, pull yourself together!" but when our heart is sensitive to something, we can't just ignore it. Even when we don't know what's going on, we need to slow down, listen and be kind to ourselves. 
God is so faithful though. Whatever season we find ourselves in, he's always right there with us, ready to speak and bring clarity. I've been waking up pretty exhausted since I got back (a mixture of jetlag and emotions I think) and this morning as I lay in bed, half asleep, I offered up a simple one-word prayer to my heavenly Dad: Help. It wasn't until later that I remembered praying it, and I just heard him say...
Ah yes. Jesus. As I heard those words I pictured him and peace came. That's just what happens when we think of him. Peace invades. My mood shifted, my worries faded and I just felt hope. The second we think of Jesus everything changes. Isn't that incredible?

When thoughts and fears cloud our thoughts, we can't see truth. When we're overwhelmed, it's hard to trust. But, the moment we choose to look to our Saviour, hope always comes. So as I continued to focus on him, I felt his comfort so beautifully. I didn't necessarily have all the answers to my questions, but I just felt strengthened. Sometimes we still have to walk through the snowstorm, but he gives us extra strength to walk, and brings other friends around us so we don't have to walk alone :)
And sometimes it feels like we are holding on for dear life to the thinnest most tiniest branch... but he always holds us up.
So when everything is all over the place, when it's messy, when we don't know whether we are coming or going, we can breathe deep and rest assured that he is with us. And he is always doing something NEW.

He creates new things out of NOTHING.
(Romans 4:17)

What are you believing for? Maybe it looks impossible. Well, it's not to God. He's very clever and he always wins.  :)
So today, let's take a deep breath and choose to trust. I pray you have a beautiful day, and that he speaks to you about the things in your heart, bringing clarity and hope. :)

Love Nat xoxo


Images - Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. I love this and just adore your heart! Praying for you in this time of transition + uncertainty. God's got this and has so much planned for you - big things at that! You've got so much bagged up in the gorgeous you and no doubt the BEST is yet to come! Keep trusting - you're on the brink of something beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement my precious friend..... He is good always! Yep, we keep trusting and he will do his thing! Something beautiful is assured :) Love you so much! xoxoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...