Thursday 18 September 2014

Love from NYC :: One at a time.

This morning walking back from the gym I noticed a lovely elderly man standing on the street corner with a stick, as he was hard of seeing. Instantly I my heart was moved with compassion. As the "walk" sign flashed, he stood there waiting. Waiting for help, waiting for a sound, I'm not sure. As I looked at people walking across the street and past him I felt shocked and saddened. I pulled my earplugs out, took my sunglasses off and walked over to him, asking him if he needed some help crossing the street. He replied that he did and he put his arm out for me to link arms with him. As we walked across the street, arm in arm, I asked his name. "My name's Arnold" he said smiling. I introduced myself and he said "Natalie, it's a pleasure knowing you." What a beautiful thing to say. :) 
I'm tearing up a little bit writing this actually, wishing I had have prayed for him. But me feeling guilty about not doing enough is not God's heart. It's not about that. It's about me just loving people with God's love and stepping out when I see real opportunities to show them this love. And that's what I did. 

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Sometimes we make it overcomplicated just helping people don't we? Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the need. I know I do! Let me tell you New York is an amazing city but it's devastating seeing so many people in need. I'm constantly thinking, "oh my gosh how can I help everyone?!" I can't help everyone, but I can help one. One at a time. One today, one tomorrow. Lord I pray you would release your love and your healing power over Arnold and over every person reading these words. :) 
So let's take the pressure off and just love person one at a time. Jesus did that. He always went after the one, and he still does today. Let's ignore guilt and let love lead the way. Cos love always wins. Always!

Love you guys, Nat xo

All Images by Nat Box unless otherwise stated




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...