Tuesday 11 March 2014

Just stay on the path.

I was walking through the bush yesterday morning. Well technically, it's not actually "the bush", it's actually suburbia... but it was like the bush. I live about two minutes from a beautiful 750 acre wilderness reserve called Braeside Park (if you want you can read a fun little story of a time my sister and I played in the playground!)... Anywayyyy, as I was walking I was just praying about life, you know those walks where you almost zoom out of yourself and you know something is happening, but you have no idea what it is? As I entered a denser part of the forest, thick ferns covered the ground like carpet. Apart from the five metres in front of me, the rest of the path had suddenly disappeared from view.
At that moment I felt God speak to me... 
"Stay on the path Nat."
Sometimes that's all we can do, right? Just stay where we are. Keep walking. Keep being faithful. Keep focused. But how do we navigate this unknown journey? Well, friends... I am happy to say that no matter what season you might find yourself in, whether you can see a lot of the path or a little... just remember He is the same yesterday, today and forever. And regardless of your circumstances, God doesn't change.
Are you someone who likes change? Or do you prefer things to stay the same? 

Change = to make or become different.
 
Hmmm. Different? Is that what we really want? I mean New. Yes, yes we want new. Of course we do. But different? Change? Ah... I don't know about that? New is exciting. But change, ah... change means 'out of my comfort zone' type stuff and 'can't see the path ahead of me' kinda stuff. And that's scary. But friends, let me tell you, we have stepped into something brand new. Something fresh is happening, something we have never experienced before. And with that new thing (whether we like it or not), comes change. So here are three tips to stay encouraged in this season, even when we can't see the path ahead. :) 

1. Stay on the path.

2. Lift your eyes.

3. Lean on him.
Proverbs 3 tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all our heart, and to not lean on our own understanding". Our Father's great promise is that if we lean on HIM, and acknowledge him, that he will direct our paths. Leaning is pretty easy don't you think? I mean, think about it, it's just a transferral of weight from one thing to another. So as we 'transfer the weight of our burdens' on him, he takes them and "makes our path straight"

I pray you have a beautiful day today my friend. 
Be encouraged to know that whatever part of the path you are on... 
Jesus is right there with you and is lighting even more of it up right now!

Love Nat x

Images - Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...