Tuesday 28 January 2014

Make every moment count.

I've just been thinking about life and how precious it is. It's a gift. Throughout our day to day activities, most of us rarely think stop and think about how amazing life is, or dream about eternity, or wonder how much longer we have on this earth. 
It can be so easy to get caught up with the little worries and things of everyday life. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I have goggles on, or I'm looking through a magnifying glass, at my own situation... and then suddenly I'm thinking, "Well how is that going to happen..? How is that going to work out..?" But as soon as I zoom out, and think of eternity, I get a new perspective and everything changes.
As much as we don't want to think about it (and I'm not trying to be morbid here), but the truth is, our days are numbered. One day, we will actually step into eternity.
"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. 
Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away
An entire lifetime is just a moment to you! 
Human existence is but a breath ... 
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? 
My only hope is in you ... 
For I am your guest -- a traveler passing through". 
Think about when you were little. Did you ever receive a bike as a gift? If you'd did, what was your response upon receiving it? Surely you wouldn't have left it in the garage, thinking, "Wow, one day I'll ride this and go on an adventure! I've got plenty of time though, so I won't ride it right away". As IF! No way. I'm sure you were excited and thankful, and busting to use it straight away!
This is what we need to do. Today. This week. This year, let us be conscious of this gift we have been given. Life. It's a vapour. In just one moment, years fly by. Christmas was one whole month ago. Can you believe that? 
Anyway... I'm talking to myself here too. I don't want to just go about my day as normal today, or any day. So let's look for moments, and stop. And not just one moment. Lots of moments. Set alarms in your phone if you have to. Put sticky notes on your computer, or your mirror, telling yourself that...
Because it really IS. And when we keep our eyes up, fixed and focused on the prize, we begin to see things we've never seen before. Make every moment count. :)
Happy Tuesday my friends!

love nat xx

Images - Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...