Friday 30 November 2012

Nothing to fear.

Did you hear the storm the other night? A loud crack of thunder woke me up at 5am and shocked me right out of my sleep. For a split second I didn't know where I was and what the sound was. Then just as I was going to bed last night I saw lightning and heard thunder cracking in the distance again. My little niece and her dog were having a sleepover and neither of them are terribly fond of storms. Anyway, as I was putting her to bed she was telling me over and over how she hates storms, to which I kept replying "there's nothing to be scared of, it's just storm, you're safe in here.." I guess sometimes when you're nine years old some things are easier said than believed. :)
The same goes with the storms in our lives. When we begin to see the lightning flash and hear the thunder crack, we start to freak out, imagining what is coming and how bad it's going to be. But isn't it wonderful that when the storm does set in, that we personally know the Master of the Storm? Standing with Him in the storm is the best place we can be. He holds us, carries us and encourages us. And before we know it, we realise He's brought us through it. :)

She is clothed with strength and dignity..
And she laughs without fear of the future.

 There is nothing to fear. 
He is the Master of the Storm, the calmer of fears, the wiper of tears, the friend in loneliness, the joy-bringer in sorrow... whatever you need He's already packaged it up and it's ready for you today.  

Happy Saturday and have a beautiful weekend. :)

nat x

Images - 1, 2, 34.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...