Thursday 14 June 2012

My mess grows tomatoes.



I have always wanted to have a herb garden. And also a veggie patch. I really have. But I also realise it takes time and effort, meaning I just haven't gotten around to it yet. My neighbours in the house behind me are a lovely Greek couple in their 80s and they have a huge vegetable garden, (that I am slightly jealous of) almost covering half their lawn. 

Anyway, a little while back I noticed that on the other side of the (slightly overgrown) 'bush' in the corner near my back fence, something was growing from under their fence and into my garden. It was a tomato plant! As I leaned over, squinting and trying not to fall into the overgrown jungle, I saw them. Tiny, weeny, little green tomatoes growing! How funny. After noticing the tomatoes, I noticed there was also mint growing there! Which has been fabulous for garnishing icy-cold summer beverages.. might I add. Such a blessing!

So when deciding what to cook for breakfast this morning, (and after realising my fridge was in desperate need of filling)  I remembered the ten little-red-beauties I had picked yesterday, perched politely in a bowl on my bench. Uh huh! A perfect multi-grain toast topper. :) He he isn't that cute.

So, although my backyard is a bit of a mess, I'm amazed that it can grow something lovely. Despite it's limitations and not-so-perfect surroundings.. it still manages to produce wonderful life and purpose. Blessings from the mess. So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good.. or become overwhelmed by the stuff.. at the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit!

Whatever mess you are in.. I guarantee there is something beautiful growing in it. Just like my fabulously amazing tomatoes. 

Happy Friday!

nat x 

PS.. Here are 5 easy tips on How to Grow Tomatoes.. (rather than waiting for them to grow from under your neighbour's fence..) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this Natalie! :) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder hey?! Looks amazing Bon appetit!! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...