Wednesday 20 June 2012

It is written.

{"The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page." - St Augustine}












Today I am working on my book. Maybe you can relate to this.. sometimes when we get busy, caught up with the 'to do' list.. we can miss the creativity that is waiting to be poured out of us. So today, I have created space. To write. To let the One who created all things weave his thread of inspiration through me. Here is a little sneak peak into one of the chapters..


My attention has been pulled in many different directions of late, which has frustrated me somewhat. But I guess, frustration (although soooo annoying) is really a good confirmation that we are on the right track isn't it? (I heard an encouraging word on the weekend speaking of this..) It means there is something on the inside of us that is needing to be drawn out. And the fact that it can't actually be done quickly, in that spare-second-we-may-have-in-between-our-daily-chores, shows us that the gift is indeed far greater than we could have imagined.

And so we must make time.

We must continually remind ourselves to stir up these things in our hearts, to rekindle the embers, and to fan the flame of these gifts God has so graciously given us, and to keep them burning.


Whatever is in your heart, whatever limitation you may feel hindered by.. be encouraged by this. When Jesus was in the midst of His hardest test, (after the crucifixion of course), He said it all. It is written. And His words became His world. Our words are powerful and they shift atmospheres. As we continue declaring and being led by truth, we find ourselves strengthened and enlarged.

I love these photos I took in Santorini.. sitting pretty in their frame, perched behind three of my favourite reads.. My French Life and French Essence by Vicki Archer, and Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Interiors. Lovely. 






The One who filled the oceans and breathed the stars.. the One who fashioned every part of us and knitted us together.. the One who loves so extravagantly and gives superabundantly.. this wonderful and loving Father is cheering us on today! Along with thousands of others who have gone before us. And if you don't really know this.. I encourage you to seek for yourself, for when you seek you really will find all you have been searching for. :)

Have a beautiful day!

nat x

Images - Natalie Box

PS.. These are two pics I found from my time in New York with my friend Taryn back in 2000. Cute hey. (A very funny chapter is currently being written for the book...)

 





3 comments:

  1. So my work day is a little slow, but I think I would have come up with an excuse to read through everything anyway. Just "caught up" on your entire blog, and it was positively lovely. I'll have to link you so I can get here more regularly in future. Love the uplifting words, and of course the HK posts are my favs ;) Thanks for sharing these little bits of beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Writers InkJune 21, 2012 2:54 pm

    Thank you so much!!! I know I had fun writing the HK ones... :) I hope you are well... one day I will get back to Europe!!! PS... what's your book about? Is it a novel? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book is about a trucker who has to kill a dragon...so, yeah, it's fiction. I just started to write a sequel as well, but still have to figure the whole publishing aspect out...

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...