Friday 25 May 2012

Time to create.


This is a shot I took of my bedside table yesterday.. the plate is my grandmother's crystal. Look, let's be honest. I know it's not the most practical thing in the world, having a tray of perfume right next to your bed.. and I can think of lots of other things that might be vying for that space, but I just thought it looked pretty so I thought, why not? 

How many times do we think Ooh, I better not do that.. or I'd better hold back my creativity there.. because it's just not the normal thing to do. I've been challenged lately not to do things 'just because I've always done it like that', but to stop and think how can I do this differently?

We need to be creators, not imitators.

Even though we may not know it, we each have within us great skills, abilities and know-how for creating all sorts of things. We can actually make anything and design anything. Familiar is comfortable. But it doesn't grow us. So whether it's decorating your home or office, writing a song, learning a new language, taking music lessons, starting a business, learning to cook, studying photography, signing up for art classes, writing poetry, doing a floristry course, or just doing that thing that's always been in your heart.. the world is waiting for you to step out and be all you are destined to be! So.. time to create.

Happy rainy Friday!

nat x

2 comments:

  1. Louise VaccaroMay 25, 2012 5:01 pm

    Lovely reading Miss B.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Writer's InkMay 25, 2012 11:25 pm

    Thank you lovely friend!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I pray you are encouraged and blessed! Please keep in touch :)

Nat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...